We are leading the effort to bring God's healing from abuse to people around the world, one person at a time.
Through God's power, Door of Hope equips people all over the world to live free from abuse and trauma through safe housing, educational conferences, support groups, trauma recovery counseling and prayer ministry.
Founded in 2014, Door of Hope received 501(c)(3) nonprofit status in 2015. In 2016, we established our current headquarters and ministry center, located in Blaine, MN.
The Holy Spirit leads Door of Hope through our passionate and dedicated founder and executive director, Diane Stores, and through a gifted and hardworking volunteer board of directors.
Pastor Diane Stores, Founder and Executive Director
Door of Hope Ministries was born out of Pastor Diane Stores’ passion to minister internationally to those affected by abuse. Her vision is to help plant national and international shelters, host local and international conferences, and equip Christian leaders worldwide to effectively minister to the hurting in their community.
Personally, Diane survived a 25 year marriage that was filled with every form of abuse. In 1989, she found the strength and determination to escape and begin a new life with her children. Her life experience gives her a unique understanding of the needs of abused women and children.
For 20+ years, it has been her joy and privilege to help more than 2,000 individuals break free from the effects of abuse, while serving in the following roles:
- Associate Pastor at Bridgewood Community Church for more than 10 years.
- Development Director and Support Group Facilitator at Christian Recovery Counseling Center.
- Founder of one of the first Christian domestic abuse shelters in the U.S., and of Door of Hope. She has served as executive director of both ministries.
- Chaplain for 5+ years for the Blaine, Spring Lake Park, and Mounds View Police and Fire Departments.
Board of Directors
Beth McMillan, Board Chair
Mark Lageson, Secretary
David Melander, Member
Jon Mogck, Member
Paid and Volunteer Staff
Diane Stores, Executive Director
Darlene Cook, Assistant Director
Amy Ziolkowski, Prayer Ministry Director
Renee Volk, Ministry Coordinator
Joy Alizadeh, Volunteer Coordinator
Alissa Holmes, Development Team
Jodi Q Hill, Communication/Marketing Consultant
What We Achieved in 2017
- 26 prayer ministers provided 400+ hours of ministry through more than 200 trauma recovery and prayer ministry appointments
- Expanded from 2 to 7 support groups, including ground-breaking groups for teens and men, and a drop-in group for women, by Educator, Author, and Speaker, Jody Cowdin
- Grew to 19 support group leaders, who ministered to 98 adults, 5 teens and 18 children
- Placed 3 women in 'safe houses' and are putting procedures in place as we expect this to grow exponentially
- 6 trauma recovery and prayer ministry trainings for 30 hours of specialized education, bringing us to a total of 26 prayer ministers
- 2 Beauty Instead of Ashes women’s conferences
- Donations increased 45% over giving in 2016
- Added five volunteer and paid staff members, and one board member